Updated: Feb 13, 2017
The 767cc engine and transaxle are ready to go back into the car. I’ve left them mostly stock; saving most of the modifications for the 903cc engine going in later. However, I will share with you what I’ve done to get them ready to go.
First, you’ll remember in Part 2 that I had done some work already to the 767. I added the oil pressure sender and gauge from a Fiat 850. I had the cylinder head cleaned and decked, replaced the Solex carb with a Weber 28 ICP 1 that I rebuilt, and replaced the 600’s distributor with one from a Fiat 850. Then, at the end of part 2, when I removed them, they were both covered in a 1/4″ or more of hardened oil and road grime.